eMarketing Institute Web Analytics and Certification Course
A free, downloadable 160-page brochure covering the basics of web analytics, from Google Analytics to best practices, social media, tips for webmasters and a glossary of analytics terms. Free certification for students who pass the test.
The brochure also offers a 50-question sample set to test your knowledge, as there are 50 questions in each exam. The passing score is 50% and the time limit is 60 minutes. The questions are multiple choice questions. If you pass the test, you will get notified via email. You can then login to your account and download your professional certification, which can be found in PDF-format.
Training Course Content
160-page brochure covering the following topics:
- The topic of web analytics is important for understanding the performance of the website, which is why this area is essential part of online marketing. The introduction of the e-book outlines the goals and the purpose of information related to web analytics, which are crucial for understating the business opportunities, measuring success and decision making.
2. Understanding Web Analytics
- In this chapter, you will find out what web analytics is and how this field developed with the development of the internet. You will also find out what the purpose of using web analytics is in the online business and how to unlock your website’s potential through web analytics.
3. Using Web Analytics
- Here you will find out the basics of web analytics, web analytic dashboard, and the most used terms to help you get started. Tips on how to choose a web analytics tool and which metrics to track are also part of this chapter. In the end you will see how to identify site referrers, your audience and the most important pages, as well as what key performance indicators are.
4. Google Web Analytic Basics
- Google Analytics is one of the most commonly used web analytics tools and here you will learn the basics of Google Analytics, which includes the instructions on how to install and set up your account, the basic features including account, property, view, profiles, filters, traffic channels, etc. On-site search and on-page interaction tracking are also included, as well as tips on analyzing the data through Google Analytics.
5. How to Make Web Analytics Work for Your Website
- The focus of this chapter is web traffic data analysis with its top 5 pillars of web analytics which will help you make web analytics work for your website.
6. How to Increase Your Site’s Visibility through Web Analytics
- Here you will find out what visibility is and how to improve it using web analytics data. Google metrics that help with website visibility are also part of this section of the e-book, and include metrics such as crawlability, NAP citation, URLs index, deep links, SERP ranking, etc.
7. Ten Most Common Web Analytics Mistakes and Pitfalls
- This section of the e-book deals with web analytics mistakes and pitfalls you should avoid if you want to successfully use the data to improve your website’s performance.
8. Web Analytics: Best Practices
- Strict documentation, integration with reporting system, understanding the business process and having a roadmap for improvements are some of the best practices that will help you take advantage of the data obtained from web analytics.
9. Analyzing Analytical Data
- Once you obtain your website data, you are ready to analyze the meaning of the data and what they mean for your business. Besides criteria for analysis, you will also find out how using testing software can help you with analytical data. Testing includes A/B testing and multivariate testing.
10. Web Analytics Methods
- The web analytics methods are methods used to collect data about your website, and this segment includes the explanation of these web analytics methods: cookies, geotargeting, mobile phone tracking, and geotagging.
11. Social Media Analytics
- The influence of social media is very important as it can generate significant amount of traffic, which makes is necessary to incorporate the data into successful web analytics. The process of social media analytics includes measuring, analyzing, and interpreting the data related to social media activity.
12. Mobile Analytics
- Mobile platforms are taking over desktop traffic making mobile analytics essential part of web analytics. This chapter is focused on analysis of the data, adapting to the mobile platforms and using analytics software to get the data.
13. Tips for Webmasters
- This chapter presents ten advanced web analytics tips for webmasters that will help you understand the web analytics data and how those can be used to improve your website’s performance in terms of positioning, reach, etc.
14. Analytics Glossary
- Analytics glossary is a collection of terminology related to web analytics and online marketing in general. The purpose of this chapter is developing an understanding of the expressions used in web analytics.
- The final chapter of web analytics e-book is devoted to highlighting the benefits of analyzing the data obtained through web analytics and how this area of online marketing is evolving with the development of new technologies and new ways to obtain the data. Ultimately, this affects the development of online marketing strategy in general.
Who Is It For?
Beginner-level students interested in an overview of web analytics without instructor guidance.
About the Provider
eMarketing Institute was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2014 by Thomas Jaskov. They offer free beginner-level courses, certifications and ebooks within the field of digital marketing. More than 20.000+ students from more than 100+ different countries have signed up for their free courses so far, and, ccording to Alexa Traffic Ranks, eMarketing Institute is among the top 1% most popular websites worldwide.
With every study program you get more than 150-pages of free course materials, which you need to study and understand, before passing your online exam. Once you pass your exam, you can download your free Professional Certification.