The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing Content Marketing Course
The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
A 2-day course from industry expert Julie Atherton, teaching you the key benefits of content marketing, the elements of a successful content marketing strategy, the importance of personas, how to track and measure success and more.
Training Course Content
Introducing content marketing
- Learn why content marketing is important
- Understand the consumer challenge content marketers face
Creating a content strategy
- Learn why you need a content strategy
- Discover what your content strategy should cover and deliver
- Advance your content plans into content strategies.
Setting objectives and KPIs
- Learn how to set SMART objectives and KPIs to achieve.
Using insights to understand your audience
- Understand who a content marketing audience includes
- Understand the importance of personas and how to create them
- Understand how content marketing fits in the customer journey
- Learn how brands create great stories
- Understand what a content “sweet spot” is
- Apply the hero, hub, and hygiene model to your content creation
Identifying the channels best suited to your content
- Understand how to use the converged media model
- Know what to question when content planning
- Assess the best channels to use for both B2B and B2C content marketing
- Learn about the importance of using a content calendar
Managing your strategy
- Effectively manage the delivery of your content strategy
- Learn about the content lifecycle
- Understand the importance of a Content Management System (CMS)
Curating and optimising your content
- Learn about content curation
- Understand the amplification of content
- Understand how to measure and test your content marketing activities
Upgrade to a Professional Certificate
Who Is It For?
Beginner course for prospective content marketers; no prior knowledge required, though you need to be familiar with some basic marketing terms.
About the Provider
Julie Atherton teaches this course for IDM, a British-based non-profit organisation that has been in existence for over 25 years, with a mission to provide training, qualifications, events, resources and membership services to meet the real-world needs of today’s digital, direct and data marketers. IDM programmes are designed and delivered by practising marketers, who know what it takes to succeed at the job, and dedicated to helping you succeed in yours.
Over the years they have trained 70,000 delegates across 28 countries, from Microsoft to the BBC, John Lewis to Lego.